Calories: 1,670.0, Total Fat: 80.1g, Cholesterol: 323.9mg, Sodium: 1,545.0mg, Potassium: 2,749.1mg, Total Carbohydrate: 115.1g, Protein: 118.9g
- Heat frying oil in stove-top or electric deep fryer to 350 degrees. Preheat grill to hot.
- Put smoked bacon into a small sauce pot with water to cover and simmer gently for approximately 1 hour or until very tender. Remove and chill bacon. Once chilled cut into slices, cook crispy and then chop roughly. Reserve 1 ½ cups bacon broth.
- Prepare cheese sauce by whisking flour into warm bacon fat over low heat in a small sauce pot. When combined cook out briefly for 5 minutes.
- Whisk reserved bacon broth into the fat/flour mixture.
- Cook until it thickens and then whisk in cheeses to taste. Cheddar alone leaves sauce somewhat grainy. The jack cheese smooths it out. Add as much or as little as you like. Season with salt and keep warm.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill 4-5 minutes per side until a thermometer reads 125 degrees for medium-rare. Put steaks to rest.
- In a large sauté pan, brown the sliced garlic and add in the assorted mixed greens. Wilt the greens and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare fries in deep fat fryer or by tossing with oil and roasting in a 375 F oven until browned and tender.
- Arrange steaks on plates with garlicky greens and seasoned steak fries.
- Drizzle some warm cheese sauce over fries and then top with crumbled bacon and minced garlic-chives.
Recipe developed by Chef Rick Laakkonen