Per Serving: (not including garlic crostini) Calories: 231, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Fiber: 0.1 g, Sodium: 684 mg, Protein: 25.2 g, Total Fat 11.3 g, Total Carbs 5.6 g
- Combine the garlic, hot red pepper flakes, peppercorns, rosemary, and olive oil in a reclosable bag. Add the beef, coating it with the marinade. Squeeze all the air out of the bag so the beef is enveloped by the marinade and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or broiler for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the steak with the salt and grill or broil to rare or medium rare, depending on your preference.
- The cooking time will depend on the thickness and temperature of the beef, so push at the steak with your finger; if it still feels raw in the middle, give it a little longer.
- Let the steak rest for at least an hour, to get the juices back into the meat, then cut into short, very thin slices. Serve on Grilled Garlic Crostini.
- Arrange a few shaved slices of beef on each piece of bread, top with a pungent dot of Horseradish Cream, scatter with minced Italian parsley, and dust on a little kosher salt.
Mix the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl and brush lightly on both sides of the bread slices. Grill for 15 to 20 seconds on each side, until nicely marked, then remove with tongs and set aside. For broiling, position the rack so the slices are 2 inches from the flame and turn when the crostini starts to blacken at the edges.
Use a microplane grater to grate the very fibrous horseradish, then mix the horseradish with the vinegar to keep the flavor from dissipating. Add the mustard, salt, and pepper, mix again; then fold into the whipped cream