Per Serving: Calories: 230, Carbohydrate: 4 g, Protein: 31 g, Fat: 10 g, Saturated fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 64 mg, Sodium: 128 mg, Fiber: 0 g
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Lightly film it with oil and add the steak.
2. Sear for 2 ½ to 3 minutes on each side. Lightly sear the edges using tongs to rotate the meat. Transfer steak to a baking sheet and place in oven.
3. Cook for 8 minutes, then flip and cook for another 8 minutes for medium rare (internal temperature 115 to 125 F).
4. Remove pan from oven. Let meat rest for at least 15 minutes before slathering with roasted-garlic puree. Return pan to oven to heat steak, about 3 minutes. Carve away from the bone into thick slices.
Roasted Garlic Purée
1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Slice the tops off of two heads of garlic and place each in the center of a square of aluminum foil.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and seal the foil to make an airtight packet. Place the packets in a shallow baking dish in the oven and roast until the garlic cloves are soft, about 1 hour.
3. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the soft cloves into a bowl. Add extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, black pepper, and coarse salt. Whisk to a paste. Slather.